Welcome to Mighty Chefs website (the “Site”). This Site is owned and operated by Mighty Chefs (the company).
The following points outlined below will help you to understand the legal environment in which we operate.
Accessing this Site
Access to this Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on this Site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason this Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of this Site, or this entire Site to users.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to this Site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access this Site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Intellectual property rights
All of the material you see on this Site is owned by us or used by us with the consent of the owner. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights on this Site, and of the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from this Site for your personal reference and non-commercial use. You may also draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on this Site. All other copying is prohibited and all other rights are reserved.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on this Site must always be acknowledged.
Reliance on information posted on this Site
Commentary and other materials posted on this Site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to this Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
We provide this Site “as is”. We have taken care in preparing materials for this Site but we cannot guarantee that:
- It will always be available for you to visit/use in the current format;
- Material or Software downloaded from the Site will be compatible with your equipment or free from viruses;
- All materials will be accurate or complete.
We aim to update this Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access this Site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on this Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on this Site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the fullest extent permitted by law we (and all of our sister, parent and subsidiary companies, agencies and all third parties connected to us) hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- All liability for any loss or damage (including direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss or damage) suffered or incurred by any user as a result of or in connection with any visit to or use of this Site or of any materials provided on it or downloaded from it, including:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to this Site
Uploading material to our site
Any material you upload to this Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to this Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of this Site.
We have the right at our discretion to remove any material or posting you make on this Site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with our standards.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to this Site, the server on which this Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this Site. You must not attack this Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use this Site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking from and to this Site
Links to other websites – Links to third party websites on this Site are provided solely for your information and convenience. If you use these links, you leave this Site. We have not reviewed all of these third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk and we accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Linking to this Site
If you would like to link to this Site, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of this Site, and subject to the following conditions:
- You do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of our images.
- You do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around this Site.
- You do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any products or services other than our own.
- You do not misrepresent your relationship with us nor present any other false information about us.
- You do not otherwise use any trade marks or service marks displayed on this Site without written permission from us.
- You do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- Your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
We reserve the right to withdraw any linking permission without notice.
We may revise these Terms and other policies on this Site at any time by amending this page or the page containing the relevant policy. You are expected to check this Site from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms and the policies referred to in it may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on this Site. There may be other legal notices on areas of this Site that relate to your use of specific areas.
Law and jurisdiction
The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to this Site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these Terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
Information that we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in any applicable forms on this Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to this Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
When you e-mail us, or use a contact form within this Site, we will use your email address for the purposes of administering your query and responding to you. We will not publish your email address on this Site. Unless you give your explicit permission we will not use your name and email address to send you, nor allow any associated companies to send you, any unwanted marketing information.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve this Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to this Site.
If you do not wish cookies to be stored on your browser follow these instructions:
- Internet Explorer: Open the Tools menu and click Internet Options. Choose the Privacy tab and move the slider to high level of privacy. Click on the Default button if you do not see the slider.
- Firefox: Open the Edit menu and choose Preferences. In the Advanced category, choose Cookies. Click the radio button Disable all cookies.
- Other browsers: Refer to the relevant help menu looking under cookies, privacy or security.
If you wish us to remove your details from our marketing database at any time please email us.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from this Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our company or our services.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please notify us by email.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by emailing us.
This Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.